Performance highlights on a constant (and actual) exchange rate basis
- Asia IFRS operating profit of £1,644 million, up 15 per cent (up 28 per cent)
- Asia new business profit of £2,030 million, up 22 per cent (up 37 per cent)
- US life insurance IFRS operating profit of £2,052 million, up 8 per cent (up 21 per cent)
- UK life retail APE sales of £1,160 million, up 33 per cent, with PruFund APE sales up 52 per cent to £873 million
- M&G total assets under management of £265 billion, with external assets under management up 8 per cent
- Full year 2016 ordinary dividend increased by 12 per cent to 43.5 pence per share
- Group Solvency II surplus estimated at £12.5 billion; equivalent to a cover ratio of 201 per cent
- The Group is on course to achieve its 2017 financial objectives
A presentation for analysts and investors was held on the same day at 11.00 (UK Time) in the Conference Centre of Nomura, 1 Angel Lane, London EC4R 3AB.
View the webcast here
+44 (0) 121 260 4861 (UK and international excluding US) / + 1 844 2308 058 (US only) (Pin: 5392336#) - This will be available from approximately 14.00 (UK Time) / 22.00 (Hong Kong Time) on 14 March 2017 until 23.59 (UK Time) on 28 March 2017 / 06.59 (Hong Kong Time) on 29 March 2017.